Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sweet Tooth

I've met very few people in my life who have as much of a sweet tooth as I do (as well as certain other members of my family), and today I found one more family member-Aeriana. Brett, Erin and Aeriana are in town for a few days so today Jimmy and I went up to Thayne and MaryAnn's for dinner (I love having them so close). I brought cookie dough bites for Thayne, but started feeding them to Aeriana. I have never seen a child smile so big and giggle so much. I became her best friend, until Thayne took the cookie dough bites, at which point she latched onto him and totally forgot I even existed. Basically, she spent the evening following the food and whoever had food at the moment.

Naturally, as we do whenever Garner's get together, we had to play some sort of card or board game. Brett and Erin brought "It Came to Pass." It was Jimmy's first time playing but he stayed in first place until the last round when Thayne pulled in the lead. Its amazing to think how just a few years ago Jimmy thought board games were dumb. Now he loves them! I have taught him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment