Sunday, January 31, 2010

Masonic Memorial

Jimmy and I went and took a tour of the George Washington Masonic Memorial. Neither of us had been. I wasn't expecting too much, but I was extremely impressed. It is such a beautiful building on the outside, but its really great on the inside too and the history is actually pretty fascinating.





(is that a texas longhorn?)
I was really surprised by some of it.


And totally blown away that the Knights Templar from National Treasury (disney) was not entirely accurate. I'm shocked by Hollywood.

Jimmy absolutly loved the elevator. Apparantly they go up at an angle. You can't tell as you ride, but its apparantly a major angle. This is him on the top floor. One elevator on each side.

This is the ground floor. I can't even get both elevators in the picture. There is one on the left hand side behind the pillars and one on the right


Our house is somewhere in there.

3 comments:

  1. Looks interesting! Ryan and I just finished reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown and are now both obsessed with this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I'll bet you loved the history. (but I agree with your Hollywood and Templar comment~~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for sure texas longhorns love it!

    ReplyDelete