Sunday, June 14, 2009

Relax


My favorite site in NYC is Central Park, and I've always wished that DC had a similar park. I didn't find a city sized park, but I did find something that reminds me a great deal of Central Park. After work on Friday, Jimmy met me at the Sculpture Garden outside the National Gallery of Art on the National Mall for a picnic. During the summer on Friday evenings, Jazz musicians perform at "Jazz in the Garden."

Jimmy brought in sandwiches and we lay on the grass listening to the music. It was crazy crowded, but it was still such a peacefull experience that I just about fell asleep, but every time I did Jimmy made sure to poke me or cover me in grass.


The sculpture garden provides the perfect atmosphere with people just hanging out around the sculptures as they listen to the music. I'm not totally sure what the sculptures are (I'll never understand modern art), but they still make for a great backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment