Thursday, August 20, 2009

12 Boxes of Cereal


I don't know what got into Jimmy when we went shopping a few days ago, but I'm not going to complain. In college and when I lived alone, I would keep multiple boxes of cereal around that house. I lived on the stuff. Jimmy on the other hand thought I was crazy. I don't think he ever bought more than one box of cereal at a time. Until last week. We were both hungry and ended up picking up groceries before we ate-always a bad idea. Jimmy picked out ONE box of cereal so I picked one up for me. I thought we were done. Jimmy started to walk away and stopped. He picked up a second box of cereal (it was on sale). Then he picked up another and another and another. And it wasn't even healthy, organic junk that I can't eat. It was the good stuff.

At first, I was so excited, but that quickly turned to disappointment. There was no way this was happening. Jimmy was being his mean old self (love you honey), and was going to put all the boxes back. He was just playing with me. I counted and we had 10 boxes of cereal in the cart. Plus we had two boxes at home. 12 Boxes? No way. Especially after a discussion that morning about how little cupboard space we had. But he didn't put them back-it really did happen. We ended up with 12 boxes of delicious, mouth watering cereal-and I can't stop eating.

1 comment: